Healthy Body, Healthy Brain
More Pl@nt Positive inspiration from Daphne and Vesime.
Today’s conversation was a little different than our past episodes. Today we had a candid conversation about how we were both impacted by the 2020 pandemic. We focus on physical activity and nutrition, but more importantly the importance of physical activity and nutrition on mental health.
We have been reading a wonderful book by Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai called the 30-Day Alzheimer's solution.
In the book Team Sherzai share an acronym “NEURO” to help lifestyle practitioners and the community remember the most important evidence-based lifestyle elements in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's Disease. I love it because I think that this acronym applies to the core principles related to the prevention of most chronic conditions.
“N” is for Nutrition
“U” for Unwind (stress management)
“R” for Restorative Sleep
“O” for Optimize
Bottom line tips from our conversation today:
● Drink Water - staying hydrated is very important for your physical health and brain health.
● Fuel with healthy foods. Add more plants to your plate.
● Any mood boosting, plant-based foods. Harvard Medical School has conducted studies that resulted in recommendations of incorporating plant-based foods like kale, broccoli, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and walnuts to obtain brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, folate, and beta carotene.
● Just move: Going for a walk or physical exercise or any activity to get your body moving at least 20 minutes a day. You don’t have to go to the gym to be physically active; you can walk around the block, walk the dog, walk with friends. If your fitness allows you to do more high intensity exercise that is great.
● Get some sunshine. If you take a walk in the morning you will get some sunshine which will help generate your Vitamin D and it will get you moving.
Unwind, Restore, Optimize
● Establish a routine - get up and go to sleep as close to the same time every day (including weekends!)
● Make a gratitude list
● Finally, NEVER compare your life to someone else’s highlight reel (the impact of social media)
If you have been joining our conversations for the past few months thank you for joining us. We appreciate your support.
Follow Daphne Bascom (Wingman Wellness) on Social Media
Follow Vesime Schroering (Veggie Ves)
Past LiveStreams and vCasts
Veganuary vLog with Veggie Ves: https://youtu.be/9_qyRt6iW7E
Plant Powered Plate with Veggie Ves: https://youtu.be/FudCLpzMIXg
How to Fuel for Fitness with Veggie Ves: https://www.wingmanwellness.com/single-post/how-to-fuel-for-fitness-with-veggie-ves
#plantbased #plantsmakepeoplehappy #poweredbyplants #Health #Wellness #Fitness #Gratitude #WingmanWellness #Wingman #DaphneB #VeggieVes #30daystohealthyliving #arbonne30daystohealthyliving #glowingskincare #TeamSherzai #SherzaiMD #Neuro9 #NEURO #30DayAlzheimer’s Solution
Team Sherzai: https://teamsherzai.com/
Rich Roll Podcast: https://www.richroll.com/podcast/team-sherzai-589/
Dr. Matther Walker, "Sleep is Your Superpower": https://youtu.be/5MuIMqhT8DM\
Physical Activity Guidelines: https://health.gov/our-work/physical-activity/current-guidelines
Headspace Running Meditations: https://www.headspace.com/meditation/running-meditation
Oura Ring: https://ouraring.com/
Nike Run Club:: https://www.nike.com/nrc-app