Wingman's Wonderful Oatmeal
1 cup old fashioned oats (Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Oats)
1 cup Oat Milk Unsweetened (Elmhurst Unsweetened Oat Milk)
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
½ teaspoon Vanilla or Almond extract
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Ground Flax and Chia Blend (Carrington Farms Organic Flax Chia Blend)
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
1 tablespoon crushed nuts
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup diced apple
1. Combine the oat milk and water in a saucepan and bring to light boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the oatmeal, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla extract (or almond extract, if you prefer)
3. Stir and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off the heat and add the ground flax/chia, and maple syrup.
5. Mix well and taste to see if need to make any adjustments to the sweetness or spices. (I tend to go heavy on the cinnamon myself 😊)
6. Serve in two small bowls.
7. You can add toppings to your oatmeal to suit your taste. Note: this will change the macros below. My preference is to add a few slices of apple to the warm oatmeal. The apple softens and adds a little tart/sweet to the yummy oatmeal.
Follow me on Social Media